Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) Software Market
The Cambashi MOM Observatory segments the Manufacturing Operations Management market by product group, revenue stream and geographic area.
The Observatory indicates that the worldwide total addressable market for MOM Software slowed down slightly in 2020 but resumed growth in 2021 to nearly $7 billion and is forecast to reach $8.4 billion in 2025.
Cambashi is making a no-obligation briefing on the current MOM market size, trends and forecast available to its key clients and other companies involved in engineering and manufacturing software.
Talk to Cambashi industry experts
Cambashi MOM Observatory Scope
- The data is based on primary research of available public information of the providers and products in scope and related industry data and includes revised estimates made as the result of additional research for Cambashi Market Observatories in adjacent markets, specifically in Industrial IoT and PLM.
- Data for named product providers is based on a combination of detailed primary research and modelling.
- In addition, a combined group (list of “other” providers) is also included. This represents all other providers addressing this market and is estimated using a combination of sampled primary research and an interpolated/extrapolated model of the total market.
- Estimate relative market share
- Visualize current trends by technical application and geographic region
- Run what-if scenarios to show risk exposure by industry or product type
- Support regional planning and quarterly and year-end reporting
- Measure performance relative to the market and competitive offerings
Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Operationsperations Scheduling
- Inventory/WIP tracking
- Tool Management
- Product Labelling and Traceability
- Workcell monitoring
- Energy management
Human-Machine Interface / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (HMI/SCADA)
- Data collection
- Machine/workcell/line information and control for operators
Process Execution System (PES)
MES as above but designed for process industries, including:
- Recipe formulation and management
- Process Scheduling
- Batch Optimisation
- Flow monitoring
- Process Automation
- Energy management
Quality and Test Planning and Management (QMS)
- Quality Planning, Control and Management
- Inspection Management
- Statistical Process Control
- Environmental control
- Laboratory Information Management
Operations Analytics (OA)
- Performance (eg OEE) measurement and analysis
- Process optimization
- Cost analysis
Design and Simulation (DES/SIM)
- Production process and Operations definition
- Process Simulation
- Failure mode analysis
- Robot programming
Market Trends and Challenges
The last two decades have seen dramatic changes in every manufacturing sector. But as we speed towards the IoT and Industry 4.0 era, we must prepare for changes, unlike anything we’ve seen before.
For companies developing and selling technical software applications (CAD, CAM, CAE, GIS, AEC), there is going to be an unparalleled jump in the complexity of their markets.
Complexity in design and engineering software markets is absolutely huge, stemming from:
- changing structural drivers unique to each manufacturing sector
- software application overlap and interoperation
- the now-pivotal role of embedded software and electronics in the development of ‘smart products’ – and the knock-on effect on traditional supply chain dynamics
- increasingly IT-savvy customers
- global project teams and customer bases
2022 research paper “The impact of the industrial IoT on the Manufacturing Operations Management software market”
Cambashi Methodology Overview
We use a series of constrain, refine and converge processes to ensure that datasets are consistent with Provider data, Country data, Industry data and Employment data.