Industry Market Analyst, Cambridge, UK
Cambashi is seeking an enthusiastic and flexible individual with ambitions to join a respected, specialized technology intelligence firm as part of a collaborative, forward-thinking analyst team.
Cambashi is a global market research, industry analysis, consulting & training firm, based in Cambridge UK, with particular focus on engineering and industrial software markets.
Cambashi has a unique business model that combines industry analysis with management and marketing consultancy. Using sound methodologies to apply current industry and IT knowledge to a wide range of data and industry intelligence, we work with clients to help them to identify and quantify opportunities and to guide their decisions.
Our established Training Practice provides world-class industry training and e-learning that enables sales and marketing teams with essential knowledge to enhance engagement and conduct industry-specific customer conversations.
Our primary data service, the Cambashi Market Observatories, enables clients to assess market size, growth, movement, and potential in technology markets. These tools can be used independently or in combination to support business planning at local regional and global levels.
We are looking for a multi-disciplinary individual to undertake a range of responsibilities. The post involves a variety of activities including market research and analysis, complex data analysis, building and maintaining market models, data presentation, working closely with clients to match objectives to Cambashi capabilities, and preparing proposals.
The successful candidate will be part of the analyst team supporting research and development of the Cambashi Market Observatories, and will also work closely with the business development and marketing teams in pre and post sales activities.
Cambashi is a small, friendly team that offers scope to contribute to and take responsibility for a wide range of activities. Salary and benefits are competitive and reflect individual experience.
- A graduate-level qualification that demonstrates knowledge of two or more of the following disciplines: economics, engineering, marketing, business, maths or science
- Minimum of 3 years in industry, ideally working in an industry analysis, market planning, market intelligence role
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills with demonstrable ability to engage with clients
- Knowledge of the software technology space – ideally related to manufacturing (CAD, CAM, CAE, PLM, ALM, MES), construction (BIM), AR/VR, media & entertainment, GIS, facility & asset management.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following industries: manufacturing, construction, architecture, utilities, industrial process, oil & gas
- Ability to research and rapidly assimilate knowledge of new topics
- Strong practical knowledge of data modelling and analysis tools including but not exclusively Microsoft Excel, Power BI or similar tools.
This is a full-time position, based in Cambridge UK with hybrid and flexible working arrangements as standard.
CVs and covering letters should be emailed to Pippa.Burke@cambashi.com as soon as possible. Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams (browser version available if you do not have Office 365).
This position is available immediately.
Cambashi is an equal opportunities employer and has recently restructured as an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT).